Resolve is building the TurboTax for helping everyday Americans fight medical debt. 130M Americans struggle financially from medical debt totaling as much as $1 Trillion, and we’re helping them fight back - lowering the amount they owe and allowing them to move on with their lives.
To date we’ve aggregated over $300M of medical debt and serviced over $30M, with an average of 65% savings. We understand how to analyze both a medical bill and a patient’s situation, how to build a strategy around savings, and how to actually execute to drive real savings and real results. We’re building automation around this to drive towards a world where an everyday medical bill doesn’t bankrupt an everyday American.
Resolve is a venture funded start-up backed by founders of category defining companies (MongoDB, Funding Circle, Gilt Groupe, Zola, Business Insider, Groups Recover Together, Nomi, Compass, Seamless and more) and we’re scaling rapidly.
Chief of Staff
There are three main responsibilities of the Chief of Staff:
- Work with other leadership and management teams to ensure efficient and smooth day to day operations of the business. Here you’ll help the team(s) identify and troubleshoot problems, identify and manage towards KPIs, and ensure their teams are functioning at a high level.
- Take on special projects to drive the company forward. This could be standing up new departments and then identifying and hiring management and teams for that department, working with others on the team to push key initiatives forward, or assisting the CEO directly with modeling, presentations, and other functional areas.
- Work closely with the CEO to collaborate on key priorities. This can include financial modeling and planning, external presentations/communication to investors, internal team meetings, and developing and communicating the strategy and vision of the company, etc.
This is a dynamic role and the Chief of Staff will get first-hand experience in all aspects of company building and operating.
- Strongly aligned with our mission and vision
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and project manage multiple stakeholders across multiple levels
- Ability to think strategically and engage materially in real time problem solving
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize effectively in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively
- Ability to effectively identify and communicate salient information to the team, CEO, and investors
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years experience in D2C Product Management, preferably at a venture funded startup or large tech company
- Experience in healthtech or fintech is preferred but not required
- Comfort with SQL a plus
- Competitive base salary
- Meaningful equity in company
- Health benefits
- Work from home
- Significant autonomy
- Front row seat to building a tech startup
- Opportunity to solve a real and meaningful problem (and set of sub-problems)
Braden founded Resolve after experiencing first hand how unfair the system is for patients. Prior to Resolve, he built and ran Operations for a renewable energy company and then built and ran Product, Growth, and Operations for a VC-funded edtech company. He received his MBA from Dartmouth’s Tuck School of Business and BA in Philosophy from the College of William and Mary. When not trying to lower healthcare costs he can be found outdoors mountain biking, skiing, or hiking with his dog.