As more and more nurses move into the travel field, we want our traveling medical professionals to all know that you no longer have to sit with a frantic patient who can’t focus on getting better because they are anxious about how much they are going to have to pay for their treatment. As a travel nurse, you can have peace of mind knowing that there are people who can help your patients get a fair price for the services you provide regardless of what assignment/contract you are on. Medical bills do not discriminate. One minute you could be the hospital’s hero, and the next you could be having out-of-network, emergency surgery and then bankrupted by the same industry you are trying to help. This is not okay with us! Keep reading to see how we can help you – our modern day heroes.
3 ways Resolve can help you as a travel nurse:
1. Resolve is a resource for them to share with their patients/family/friends who ask them medical billing questions. **We can help regardless of what hospital they are with.
Nurses have no idea what to tell their patients who don’t know what to do about their medical bills. Often the first response to a patient worried about their medical bills is “you need to focus on getting better first”. This type of response leaves patients more anxious and worried about their financial burden once they leave the hospital. Nurses are very practical people, they see a problem and they take steps to fix it. When it comes to medical bills they are often in the dark as to what steps are even available for patients. Resolve is a company that can help equip nurses with a resource to provide their patients with. It gives patients a practical and tangible next step to working to fight this financial burden. Traveling nurses face an even larger challenge when it comes to answering these questions that they face from patients. When travelers are constantly moving from hospital to hospital, they are faced with the challenge of learning new policies and procedures every couple of weeks. Quite honestly, financial assistance policies at each hospital are most likely the least of a travel nurse’s concerns when it comes to learning new policies. Resolve provides an overarching solution that can be applied to patients anywhere in any hospital. This is a resource that traveling nurses can have in their “pocket” that can be useful to patients all around the world.
2. Resolve will help your patients get a fair price on the services you or your hospital provides.
Travel nurses have no idea what decisions the hospital management is making regarding the charging of patients. At Resolve, we understand that you have little-to-no say in how your hospital runs and how much patients are charged. In other words, we recognize that nurses are removed from medical billing and are not the bad players here: insurance companies and top executives of hospitals are. It is the insurance companies and hospitals who are in a constantly bidding war to see who can save the most money and make the most money.
3. Resolve provides peace of mind – if your insurance doesn’t pay, then there is someone who can help YOU AS THE NURSE. Traveling nurses get stuck with medical bills too! We are advocates who help all people get fair prices on their medical bills. We have worked with traveling nurses who have gone on a travel assignment and then needed emergency care. Many insurance options for traveling nurses do not cover what is expected (either out of network or the plan is a limited benefit plan that won’t cover much of a bill).
One recent case we had was for a traveler who needed an emergency appendectomy. She had recently graduated, so she did not have a large pot of savings tucked away for such a time as this. Her insurance didn’t cover the procedure, and she couldn’t apply for financial assistance/charity care because she wasn’t a permanent resident of the hospital’s county. This was NOT OKAY! We were not going to sit by and let this happen. After a couple of months, we were able to get her bill down from 100k down to 1k. We did this by fighting for this frontline worker so that she could just pay a fair price for the service that was provided!
*Please note: this procedure would have BANKRUPTED THIS HERO! We were not going to let that happen. We took the fight on and didn’t give up even when we heard “no”. Since we finished fighting for her, she has since completely moved on from this season of her life.
Summary: Resolve’s Value Adds for Traveling Nurses:
- Resolve is a resource for them to share with their patients/family/friends who ask them medical billing questions. **We can help regardless of what hospital they are with.
- Resolve will help your patients get a fair price on the services you or your hospital provides.
- Resolve provides peace of mind – if your insurance doesn’t pay, then there is someone who can help YOU AS THE NURSE.
Anna is a Growth Manager at Resolve. She joined Resolve after seeing firsthand the financial hardship that medical bills can create. Her passion to help individuals in need of an ally amidst financial crisis lead her to become a part of the Resolve Team. She graduated from Liberty University with her BS in Business Administration. Anna grew up in the Upper Valley and is excited to return to her hometown in NH. When not in the office, Anna enjoys long hikes in the woods, a good conversation over a cup of coffee, and playing volleyball with friends.